Permanent part-time Teacher – Course EAL
- 5 hours teaching (40 weeks per annum consisting of 12 hours accredited EAL training & 3.5 pre-accredited training
- Monday – Thursday (mornings)
- Pay range $29,800 – $32,000, package includes superannuation, pro-rata sick leave & holiday pay
- Immediate Start
Wingate Avenue Community Centre (WACC) established in 1985, plays a key role in improving the lives of disadvantaged residents living in the Ascot Vale and Flemington communities. We do this through the delivery of a wide range of programs, courses and activities, which focus on community engagement, development activities, support programs and adult learning. The education team is primarily responsible for managing the preparation and delivery of the Skills First Program, Skills for Education & Employment Program (SEE) and the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP).
We are seeking a passionate and experienced English teacher for our EAL Course curriculum. The position is based at our Ascot Vale Location. The successful candidate will report to the Education Manager and will be responsible for delivering accredited Certificates in EAL curriculum to EAL and AMEP clients and one pre-accredited ACFE class
- Prepare training and session plans to enable efficient and effective course delivery ensuring all WACC training policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all training and session plans meet the minimum requirements of individual units of competency.
- Delivery training in line with curriculum and WACC training policies and procedures
- Maintaining course records and student progress as per quality standards
- Ensure the needs of learners are met and employ a range of teaching techniques to cover course topics.
- Undertake client assessments against the ACSF as per SEE, AMEP and Skills First contracts
- Ensure a positive learning environment is maintained.
- Participate in assessment validation and moderation
- Possibility of Pre Training Assessments (PTA) for SEE, AMEP and Skills First
Key Selection Criteria
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110, TAE40116)
- Bachelor of Education with a TESOL major or equivalent which includes a practicum of at least 60 hrs or
- A Bachelor of Education, Master of Education or Master of Teaching with TESOL as a method (including a practicum).
- Demonstrated experience in using a range of teaching and assessment strategies which are appropriate to a diverse student population.
- Understanding of and willingness to comply with Australian Qualifications Training Framework requirements.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience working in a similar role and/or understanding of the neighbourhood house sector
- An understanding of the philosophy underpinning community organisations
- Ability to conduct PTA’s for SEE, AMEP and Skills First students.
- Current driver’s license and own vehicle
- Current Working with Children Check
How to apply for this job
Please send cover letter and current resume to Fiona Koetsier, Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about this position may be addressed to Fiona Koetsier on 9376 5244
- 38 hours per week, 40 weeks per annum
- EAL Programs (24 hours face to face teaching)
- Commencing Term 1 (Monday 29th January 2019)
About your environment
Wingate Avenue Community Centre has been a key player in improving the lives of disadvantaged residents living in the Ascot Vale and Flemington communities since 1985. The Education Department is primarily responsible for managing the preparation and delivery of the Skills First Program, Skills for Education & Employment Program (SEE) and the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP). Wingate is a vibrant and inclusive centre that values diversity, inclusion, compassion and best practice.
About your opportunity
Full-time Teacher – EAL programs will be based at our Ascot Vale location (Wingate Avenue Community Centre and Union Road) and will be employed (Monday – Friday hours negotiable). The successful candidate will report to the Education Manager and will be responsible for delivering accredited curriculum to EAL and AMEP clients. The teacher will be responsible for:
- Course delivery
- Course assessment
- Maintaining accurate course records and student progress reports
All about you
We are looking for a highly motivated community minded person with:
- Adult TESOL (including 60 hours practicum) teaching qualification
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE 40110
- Some experience within an RTO or TAFE (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build a strong rapport with learners from a diverse range of backgrounds
What we can offer you
This ongoing full-time position (40 weeks per annum) offers a competitive hourly rate plus superannuation and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and meals and entertainment. We also offer a flexible, supportive and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport and the CBD.
To apply and for more info
Please click this link to access the full Position Description or for further information please contact Fiona Koetsier Education Manager on (03) 9376 5244 or email email@example.com
WACC will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check
Applications Now Open for new Wingate Avenue Community Centre (WACC) Committee Members – a Chairperson and a Committee Member
Exciting opportunity to be an integral part of an award winning not-for-profit organisation! Are you interested in developing and supporting the community? Would you like to grow your experience of governance in a community organisation committed to achieving excellence in service and management? Do you have a few hours a month to commit whilst meeting new people and sharing your knowledge and experience?
Wingate Avenue Community Centre (WACC) was established in 1985 and is a busy, vibrant community managed neighbourhood house based on a Ministry of Housing estate in Ascot Vale. The Centre is a Registered Training Organisation that recently won the 2013 Learn Local Legend award as well as the 2017 Training Provider of the year, which recognises outstanding contribution to learners and the Victorian Learn Local education and training sector. As well as learning opportunities Wingate also provides social and recreational programs. Wingate houses many co-located services which include Moonee Valley Legal Service, Maternal Child Health, ReGen Drug and Alcohol, the Networker for the Western Region and a Community garden. The focus of the Centre is to be a vibrant, innovative and diverse community where individuals feel valued and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The Centre is a not for profit incorporated association governed by a volunteer Committee of Management which is made up of Centre and community members that provide a governance structure and strategic direction for the Centre’s management.
What we are looking for
WACC is currently seeking expressions of interest to join its small but dedicated Committee of Management to progress its strategic agenda and provide strong governance to this important service at a time of much change for its clients. The current Committee is particularly interested in building its diversity and recruiting two new members with strong leadership and stakeholder management experience. We would welcome candidates with good understanding of governance and an interest in providing a strong and sustainable advocacy service to the community The Committee aims to maintain a membership with a balance of expertise in all areas of operation of the organisation, together with a commitment to the philosophy and code of ethics of the organisation. The current Chair is seeking to transition out of the Chair role in the period ahead. Please indicate in your application if you would like to be considered for the role of Chair.
How to apply
Application should include a cover letter (including a brief statement about why you would like to join the Committee of Management) and a resume.
Please send completed applications to Joel Grant via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Positions are appointed on a voluntary basis. The position descriptions are available on our website at www.wingateave.com.au
For further information regarding this position please contact: Jan Thorpe – General Manager; Monday – Friday on 9376 5244
Receiving applications now: Final applications COB 30th November 2018